Be the best you can be
It’s not just about where you are now. It’s about what you can become. At YBS, you’ll be encouraged to drive your own learning, development and career. For our part, we’ll offer the support that helps you thrive.
From day one, we treat you as an individual. Your induction will be a comprehensive introduction to your role and how you fit within our business. There’s more formal training for most of our roles in Customer Operations and the Branch Network, with informal inductions for other Head Office teams.
We also have a brilliant ‘Warm Welcome’ day in our Colleague Development Centre (the perfect opportunity to meet other new joiners from all across the Group). A comprehensive on-boarding portal will give you all the information you need in your first few weeks.
Once you’re settled in and ready for the next challenge, there’s a range of development opportunities to take advantage of:
- E-Learning – accessible at your own desk at a time that’s convenient for you
- Excellent courses delivered at our Colleague Development Centre and other office locations
- Opportunity to apply for talent programmes, qualifications, and apprenticeships
- Secondments – make a temporary move to another team
- Coaching and mentoring
- Benefit from 31 hours a year of volunteering time and a wide range of volunteering programmes – learn by doing something completely different, whilst helping your local community.
So, join us and be the best you can be!