Customer Service & Support,Risk & Compliance,Data & MI
Senior Credit Risk Analyst
- Job ID: 007339
- Location: Leeds, UK, LS1 8EQ
- Job type: Permanent - Full Time
- Salary: Up to £45,000 dependent on experience plus benefits - D1 Risk and Compliance
Senior Credit Risk Analyst - Full time
The Credit Risk team is an integral part of YBS’s Conduct and Credit Risk function. We pride ourselves on working collaboratively with our colleagues in teams across the business, including Trading, New Product Development, Finance and Collections & Recoveries to ensure we’re identifying, mitigating and managing conduct and credit risks. This allows us to provide a fantastic experience for our customers and provides sustainable growth and performance for our members. Above all else, the Conduct and Credit Risk function helps YBS to deliver real help with real lives in a safe and responsible way.
About the Role
As a Senior Credit Risk Analyst you’ll be a key member of our team, leveraging your Credit Risk expertise to help YBS deliver its objectives. You will get the chance to be involved in a range of interesting projects and initiatives. Some of the areas you could be responsible for:
- Develop our strategic support for existing borrowers, proactively seeking methods to ensure good outcomes for customers through development of our solutions and engagement strategies for borrower facing financial difficulties.
- Supporting YBS’ growth aspirations whilst ensuring lending is responsible. You will work with other areas of the business to evolve our risk appetite controls, balancing risk and reward whilst ensuring credit risks are managed.
- Analysing portfolio and customer data. Build an in-depth understanding of the internal and external data held across the society drawing insight to inform the risk exposures and assurance levels across our retail lending portfolio.
- Ensuring high quality, insightful credit risk analytics are produced. You will be responsible for the production of credit risk analytics that provides real insight and can be used to inform strategic decision-making.
- Supporting others. You will use your expert knowledge and experience to support other team members as well as colleagues from across the business.
- About You
Proven experience in Credit Risk or other similar analytically based roles.
Expert skills in data manipulation, SAS (or similar statistical packages), SQL and Microsoft Excel.
Knowledge of the retail mortgage market would be beneficial but is not essential if you have experience in other Financial Services or similar.
Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify trends or areas of concern within data.
Continuous improvement mindset and always looking for ways we can improve our processes.
Excellent communication skills with an ability to present findings and influence at a senior level
At YBS we don’t have shareholders, we have members. We care about people and that includes you. So here, you’ll be respected for who you are, you’ll be able to bring your whole self to work, and you’ll have everything you need to build a long and rewarding career.
Flexibility. We offer a range of flexible working options without unsocial hours, which can help you find a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we can help make it work for you.
Development. We want you to feel challenged here. Whatever your ambitions, we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and move ahead in your career journey. From day one, we’ll set you up for success with a brilliant induction and full training plan, all designed to get you up to speed quickly.
Inclusivity. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and able to be themselves. If you’ll go the extra mile to help our members, you’ll fit right in and feel you belong here.
About our Benefits
We offer lots of fantastic rewards that you can make the most of in and out of work, including:
Holiday. You’ll get 25 days plus Bank Holidays, as well as the option to buy up to a further 5 days.
Bonus. We work together to reach for better at YBS, so when we reach our goals we’re all rewarded, with up to a 10% annual bonus.
Pension. We know how important it is to save towards the future, that’s why we’ll contribute up 11% into your YBS pension.
Healthcare. Health and wellbeing are an important part of life at YBS, when you join us you’ll have access to a range of health benefits to suit your life including private medical insurance, dental and healthcare plans.
My Benefits. When you join YBS you’ll have access to our self-service benefits portal, where you can access a range of retail, hospitality and health discounts,
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited about this role and want to be part of the YBS team, click apply now to send us your application.
Want more information?
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Jess Wilkinson on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, this vacancy may close earlier than the date advertised