Change & Project Management,IT
PMO Ops Analyst
- Job ID: 007335
- Location: Leeds, UK, LS1 8EQ
- Job type: Fixed Term - Full Time
- Salary: Competitive Salary + Bonus & Benefits
We have an opportunity to join our team as our next PMO Analyst (internally known as VMO Ops Analyst). You’ll be part of our Value Management Office Operations team that provides first-line assurance to support the delivery of a consistent and effective project management practice across our IT & Transformation directorate. You’ll join a like-minded team in our Leeds based Value Management Office function with working from home capability.
This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
About the role
As Portfolio Management Ops (PMO) Analyst, you’ll provide challenge to and be the first line of assurance for the Portfolio, projects/ programmes, validating and assuring the quality of inputs and outputs, risks, issues and dependencies plus reporting/ documentation as appropriate, ensuring mitigating actions are in place and being progressed and escalating to the VMO Operations Manager as required. You will –
- Challenge projects and programmes where changes to scope, cost and time are not justified, aligned with CMM submissions or have not followed the correct governance framework
- Provide direction, guidance and support to project/ programme teams to ensure standard processes and procedures are followed, providing education to the wider business on methodology, standards and best practice, including any changes to the governance lifecycle
- Ensure projects and programmes maintain accurate and up to date plans, milestones and resource profiles, using appropriate PPM tools, providing challenge and independent support
- Complete Governance Framework compliance checks to ensure that an appropriate level of governance and control is maintained throughout the project/ programme, and support of project/ programme closure processes
- Provide independent assurance reports through the analysis of problem areas to enable remediation plans to be put in place to assist the project/ programme teams, contributing to team process reviews and updates
You’ll have experience in a PMO Analyst or Programme/ Portfolio Analyst role with strong stakeholder relationship management and influencing skills. In addition, you will -
- Be vision and value focused with experience of reporting and presenting information to Senior Management level
- Have strong data analysis and interpretation skills, with the ability to see the wider picture as well as analysing the detail when necessary
- Have strong communication skills – can make the complex simple (verbally and written)
- Be experienced in the use of project and portfolio management tools
At YBS we don’t have shareholders, we have members. We care about people and that includes you. So here, you’ll be respected for who you are, you’ll be able to bring your whole self to work, and you’ll have everything you need to build a long and rewarding career.
Flexibility. We offer a range of flexible working options without unsocial hours, which can help you find a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we can help make it work for you.
Development. We want you to feel challenged here. Whatever your ambitions, we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and move ahead in your career journey. From day one, we’ll set you up for success with a brilliant induction and full training plan, all designed to get you up to speed quickly.
Inclusivity. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and able to be themselves. If you’ll go the extra mile to help our members, you’ll fit right in and feel you belong here.
About our Benefits
We offer lots of fantastic rewards that you can make the most of in and out of work, including:
- Holiday. You’ll get 25 days plus Bank Holidays, as well as the option to buy up to a further 5 days.
- Bonus. We work together to reach for better at YBS, so when we reach our goals we’re all rewarded, with up to a 10% annual bonus.
- Pension. We know how important it is to save towards the future, that’s why we’ll contribute up 11% into your YBS pension.
- Healthcare. Health and wellbeing are an important part of life at YBS, when you join us you’ll have access to a range of health benefits to suit your life including private medical insurance, dental and healthcare plans.
- My Benefits. When you join YBS you’ll have access to our self-service benefits portal, where you can access a range of retail, hospitality and health discounts,
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited about this role and want to be part of the YBS team, apply now to send us your application.
Want more information?
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Holly Gallagher at email@example.com
Please note applications are reviewed frequently therefore this role may close prior to the advertised closing date.