Corporate Affairs & Internal Communications
- Job ID: 007348
- Location: Leeds, UK, LS1 8EQ
- Job type: Contingent Worker
- Salary: £500-700 depending on experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a Contractor (within IR35) to join the Social Purpose & Sustainability team to lead on new ESG projects. The role can be done remotely, with occasional travel to the Leeds office, and can be offered part-time or full time for up to 6 months.
This role will report into the Social Purpose & Sustainability Senior Manager and add capacity to the existing two permanent colleagues already working on ESG, alongside a wider team of nine Community Investment specialists.
About the role
In this role, you will:
- Lead the work necessary to fulfil our commitment to the UN Principles for Responsible Banking, including conducting an impact analysis to determine our key focus areas, suggest targets and milestones and draft our first PRB report to be published as part of our existing ESG Report.
- Support the data gathering and evidencing process for YBS’ 2023 ESG Report, as well as providing some ad-hoc support with the wider report including review of alignment with GRI framework and feedback on the report content and structure.
- Review the analysis of our non-financial ratings agency scores and existing improvement list to produce an action plan with a clear list of priorities, timeline and stakeholder engagement mapping (option to drive progress on this plan if time allows). Support the submission of information to relevant non-financial ratings agencies, such as S&P.
- Support other ESG projects when necessary, e.g. ESG strategy refresh, ESG Committee governance review, regulation horizon scanning.
- Highly experienced in ESG/Sustainability
- Experience of driving the delivery of strategic ESG projects, from conception to delivery
- Knowledge of ESG strategy and reporting trends, best practice and frameworks
- Strong organisational abilities with capacity to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage and analyse data from multiple data sources
- Strong communication, engagement and influencing skills
At YBS we don’t have shareholders, we have members. We care about people and that includes you. So here, you’ll be respected for who you are, you’ll be able to bring your whole self to work, and you’ll have everything you need to build a long and rewarding career.
Flexibility. We offer a range of flexible working options without unsocial hours, which can help you find a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we can help make it work for you.
Development. We want you to feel challenged here. Whatever your ambitions, we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and move ahead in your career journey. From day one, we’ll set you up for success with a brilliant induction and full training plan, all designed to get you up to speed quickly.
Inclusivity. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and able to be themselves. If you’ll go the extra mile to help our members, you’ll fit right in and feel you belong here.
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited about this role and want to be part of the YBS team, click apply now to send us your application.
Want more information?
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Jess Wilkinson on email@example.com