Customer Service & Support,Branch
Customer Service Advisor (6 month contract)
- Job ID: 007624
- Location: York, UK, YO1 8SH
- Job type: Fixed Term - Full Time
- Salary: £22,000 Pro Rata + Bonus & Benefits
If you’re great with people, a Customer Service career in our Branch Network could be a great choice for you. As one of the biggest and most important teams at YBS, our Branch Network makes a huge impact on the success of our business. We always look for ways to give the best customer experience, make things more efficient and try new things. And because we’re right at the beginning of an exciting digital journey, our future has never looked more exciting - and neither has yours.
About the Role
As a Customer Service Advisor you’ll:
- Get to know our members and support them in finding the right products and services that can provide Real Help With Real Life - whether that’s saving for a gap year trip, buying a first home, or anything in between.
- Facilitate great conversations confidently through channel of choice, as you support our members in branch, over the phone and with the operation of their accounts online.
- Forget sales targets, and enjoy the freedom to do what’s right.
Here at YBS no two branches are the same, they each have their own characteristics and qualities that makes working there so special. Here is what the hiring manager had to say about York Branch.
“As one of the biggest and most important teams at YBS, our branch network has a huge impact on the current and future success of our business. A Customer Consultant requires you to be commercially minded, have a passion to help drive our business forwards and always deliver an exceptional customer experience . Situated in the heart of York with great rail and bus networks we have a high footfall, working in a fast paced and engaging environment, here at YBS we are at the beginning of an exciting digital journey, our future has never looked more exciting - and neither has yours.”
Being part of the team isn’t about being a whizz in financial services, or about having lots of customer service experience. Instead, it’s about:
- Being great with people, and being able to talk to our members.
- Challenging yourself to go the extra mile for your colleagues and our members, to help us grow and achieve our business objectives.
- Understanding why it’s important to celebrate different people with different skills, experiences, and opinions.
- Demonstrating a growth-mindset and making the most of the training and development we offer.
- Having the ambition to become a leading expert on our products and services.
At YBS we don’t have shareholders, we have members. We care about people and that includes you. So here, you’ll be respected for who you are, you’ll be able to bring your whole self to work, and you’ll have everything you need to build a long and rewarding career.
Flexibility. We offer a range of flexible working options without unsocial hours, which can help you find a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we can help make it work for you.
Development. We want you to feel challenged here. Whatever your ambitions, we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and move ahead in your career journey. From day one, we’ll set you up for success with a brilliant induction and full training plan, all designed to get you up to speed quickly.
Inclusivity. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and able to be themselves. If you’ll go the extra mile to help our members, you’ll fit right in and feel you belong here.
About our Benefits
We offer lots of fantastic rewards that you can make the most of in and out of work, including:
- Holiday. You’ll get 25 days plus Bank Holidays, as well as the option to buy up to a further 5 days.
- Bonus. We work together to reach for better at YBS, so when we reach our goals we’re all rewarded, with up to a 10% annual bonus.
- Pension. We know how important it is to save towards the future, that’s why we’ll contribute up 11% into your YBS pension.
- Healthcare. Health and wellbeing are an important part of life at YBS, when you join us you’ll have access to a range of health benefits to suit your life including private medical insurance, dental and healthcare plans.
- My Benefits. When you join YBS you’ll have access to our self-service benefits portal, where you can access a range of retail, hospitality and health discounts
Ready to apply?
Great with people? Then we think it would be great to meet you. Apply now.,
Please note applications are reviewed frequently therefore this role may close prior to the advertised closing date